Jamey's Oasis

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Poland Trip


So, I haven't posted in a while, things have been a bit crazy.. But I couldn't post without some picture, since I don't have a cute baby, hopefully some day. I hope a picture of my moms youngest baby would do.. Maggie Moo! I love this picture. Mom had gone into the store, so maggie got in the front seat and waited.. It looked like she was driving..

So word has gotten around to some of my family and friends, that I am going on my first missionary trip this summer to Lublin, Poland. I will be there July 7-17. I am so excited. I am 1 of 12 from my group at church. My friend Amber is going to be a missionary over there full time, and hopefully will be staying there when we go over, if all her support comes in.
What we will be doing while we are there is still up in the air. Don't worry Mom, I am not teaching anyone swing dancing, but perhaps we will be doing sports ministry, a coffee shop, or teaching english as a second language. The missionaries over there currently are still trying to figure out how they can best use us.
As for where is Lublin located it is south east of Warsaw, by the Ukraine and Belarus border.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lublin
This is a website in which you can learn about Lublin..
http://www.rucin.net/html/home.html
Above is the website to one of the missionary families we will be working with
Why am I going to Poland you might be asking..
Here is an interesting number:
evangelical believers number far less than 1% of the population
Wow, is that crazy!! We are so blessed to live in the country in which we do..
So if everyone could pray for me and the rest of the Poland team as we prepare for the trip..
I will keep you posted on the trip as planning progresses...

1 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger GaryCindyDegraff said...

How exciting. From a former mission tripper,Uncle Gary, "you will have a great time". We will be praying for you!!!!
Maggie is so "precious"! My favorite new word! :)
Love you, MeMe
U.Gary/A.Cindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home